May 1, 2009

Yellow Skirt

Several weeks ago I bough some fabric from this shop on etsy. So cute with little pink birds on yellow! I used pieces from a pattern I already had but mixed it up a little bit and added pockets. Also, it should be noted that prior to just a few days ago I've never been able to properly do gathers (I'll explain more on that in another post) so I made the skirt with pleats instead.



Another mishap - this fabric was only 45' wide and the pattern I was using required 60' wide! So I had to make some adjustments here and there. Oh, well. Still turned out nice.


Cost: Only about $14 for the fabric and $1.50 for the zipper. I already had thread.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are beautiful. I need to learn how to sew. Maybe now that I'm going to be done with school I'll learn how. Great job! I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete