June 12, 2009

Storm


image by Craig Ballin from here

We had a huge storm last night and since I was at work then running around to an AT&T store (thinking about adding Justin on as a family plan and upgrading to an iPhone...) and then to yoga I never noticed a storm-a-brewin'. In fact I didn't even realize the sky was darkening when Justin and I drove down to Lake Austin to eat dinner at Abel's on the Lake (Hula Hut next door was way too busy). We watched the clouds hover over from our table by the window and right before we dug into a delicious mound of fried ice cream the downpour began.

I had already accepted the fact that we were going to get wet so after dinner we made the mad dash to the parking lot up the hill and across the street from the restaurant. It's summer and naturally I thought it'd be a warm rain but it was so cold! Once we made it to the car tiny hail started falling but that was all the hail we saw. The wipers were on full blast and luckily I had a towel in the backseat of the car and we made it home safely.

This morning I heard that my boss and his family were shoved in a bathroom fearing tornadoes and turns out Vanessa was as well, although in another part of town. We didn't have to worry about that, fortunately. I'm glad everyone's safe and I hope no one has bad car damage from the hail.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man My dog was freaking out about those storms! I mean hiding under the table, putting his nose in the corner, and tail between his legs! I had never seen him do that before... and he's a big dog!

    Nice to meet another Austinite on here!! I'm so excited!

    And thank so much for your nice comment about my future kids :) the longer I'm here the more I think this is a great place for them too!

    ReplyDelete