January 28, 2010

Bike Rides

I bought this bike along with a bike rack sometime last year (don't really remember) and Justin and I went bike riding a few times together before it got blisteringly hot outside. We haven't been out riding since until now.

No, wait, there was one other time. We rode about half a mile down to this new subdevelopment that has a pond and trails and nice roads to ride on. But the minute we arrived my tire went flat. Justin had to ride all the way back home then drive back to get me so I could put my bike on the rack on the back of my car. Struggling to get the bikes on and off that bike rack is a whole other complaint all together.

So this time we loaded up the bikes and road down to that same development and this time no flat tires! I wanted to go ride around the river downtown but I knew traffic was so bad I'd never make it there before nightfall so this was the second choice.


I'm pretty broke until the first so I've been trying to save money and do fun free things instead of the usual movie at the Alamo and dinner at Kerbey Lane. Like eating dinner at friend's houses and trying to craft without buying any new supplies. Justin and I tried to have a picnic last weekend but it was so windy we and cold we ended up just driving back home. Lame. Oh, well. There's always bike rides!

Oh, and Justin washed my Tom's shoes and now they are wearable again! They were caked in mud after The Great Mud Fest of '09 aka Austin City Limits in October.

Thanks Justin, and thanks for putting up with all my annoying orders on how to take pictures. ;)

2 comments:

  1. first, i must get to crafting!! and posting up my pics! haha

    secondly, i need to learn how to ride a bike and then buy a bike..ur bike looks SOOO BAD ASSSSSSS.

    thirdly, you gotta get in the mindset that you are in the game!! if you don't believe in yourself how can anyone else? i always think to myself, 'life is better when you regret something you did, than to regret something you didn't do' my friend said that once and it sticks w/ me.

    I'm interning at the Parish..it's weird bc i leave on tour in 2 weeks for 6 weeks, i skip all the SXSW stuff (normally i have bands who play sxsw so i don't volunteer during sxsw i'm just working on networking). so it's weird, we'll see what happens when i come back

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bike isn't that great. I should have shelled out the extra money and gotten one with gears. Old school bikes like that are REALLY hard to ride up hill in.

    Thanks for the advice. I'm one of those people who stresses out thinking that life is so short and I have to do everything I want to do now now now. It's hard for me to stick to one direction to go in job wise. I also don't think it helps that I'm realizing that what I majored in in school probably won't get me a job.

    ReplyDelete