January 28, 2010

Button Earrings

Another project for my online craft class. Button earrings! So easy and fun. I might have to buy more button makers and make more.

Alas, if only all craft experiences were so easy. I've had two craft fails this week. One was this embroidered necklace I was trying to make but the fabric was too stiff and everything kept fraying or not staying tight enough. Ugh, it was a mess.

The other was a stuffed animal who's tail was not cooperating. Oh, and the cat kept trying to eat the paws I made out but had not yet attatched to the body. I think I'm still missing one. I realized what went wrong with the tail but now I've decided to start over from scratch. I've cut out the new pieces and sewn eyes and a mouth but that's it so far. When I'm finished I'll post a nifty tutorial. It will be a super cute animal. I promise!

2 comments:

  1. ooo these are great! I wanna make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! It's a definite country garden chic! I love it! I am a jewelry designer and I think I can tweak this by adding swarovski crystals or by creating dangling versions of these! ! I am an online accessory/jewelry entrepreneur, and I just learned how to make jewelry by attending classes by Dragonfly Designs (http://www.jewelrybydfly.com). They taught me everything I need to learn like copper etching, enameling, stamping and draping, bead stringing, wire work, resin pendants, finger knitting and hair jewelry!

    ReplyDelete