March 8, 2010

Fave Oscar Dresses

I watched all three and a half hours of the Oscars last night. In total I probably watched more hours of the awards than I have of the movies nominated. I should have seen more movies last year but I was lazy. Last year I even watched the nominated animated short films when they played at the Alamo Drafthouse and I wanted to do it again this year but never got around to it. Maybe I'll get off my lazy butt and watch some movies soon. I did go to school for it, after all.

But the fashion side of me wants to talk about the dresses. So on that note here are my favorites of the evening, and really, there are not many that I loved. One trend I did like were prints! You rarely see them on the red carpet but I love a simple silhouette with a great colorful print. As for my favorites of the "pale and sparkly" trend, Cameron Diaz's dress takes the cake.


maggie gyllenhaal

cameron diaz

rachel mcadams


As for least favorites, this year I didn't really enjoy many of the dresses but I'm sure I'm thinking the same thing as everyone else with this:

zoe saldana

And as much as some other people loved it, the ruffles on this dress made me envision a fuchsia Little Mermaid.


vera farmiga

What were your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I was at a anniversary dinner during the oscars with my bf's parents but I did catch a few glimpses of it. I really liked Penelope Cruz's dress. My bf thought she looked like a packet of ketchup though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually loved Zoe Saldana's dress, although apparently I'm one of the few. Rachel McAdams, Anna Kendricks, Sandra Bullock (I think hers was my favorite), Cameron Diaz, and *gulp* (almost ashamed to admit) Miley Cirus's dresses wowed me too. I loved the prints, but I didn't love how few chances people took this year.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete