March 18, 2010

What is going on here?



It began with a serger. And then a new sewing machine and then several viewings of Pulp Fiction on cable and endless pinning and cutting later I have a giant mess that was once my apartment. If Justin's friend wasn't spending the night yesterday I might never have picked up all the pattern pieces and fabric scraps up off the ground in my living room. You couldn't find the floor if you tried.


It seems as if all my spare time has been devoted to exploring this new medium that is stretch fabrics. I just can't get enough of it. Yes, I've had a few mishaps and some successes. I made my first t-shirt from scratch with a rib collar and everything! But I also made a too tight dress with some very unhelpful super stretchy jersey, too stretchy to work with properly. But that's ok!


I'm testing things out for a few new projects and if you're lucky (read: if I'm lucky to ever finish anything) I'll share some of it with you. For now I'll just share the mess. I even bought a batch of new goodies with my stash of Joann's coupons, including - ta-da! a French Curve. Already came in handy... not to mention a variety of fabrics, yay!



Wow, and who would have thought - Pulp Fiction is on TV again right now as I type. I think this year for Halloween I want Justin and I to be Vincent Vega and Mia Wallace.



That's all for now! Back to sewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment