April 29, 2010

Mmmm, cake!

Strawberry Cake

Strawberries don't last very long, even in the fridge. I decided to chop up some of the strawberries we picked this weekend and put them in some leftover cake mix I had (I used part of it to make cupcakes that I haven't finished decorating, eek!)

I added about a cup of chopped berries to regular white cake mix and put some pink food coloring in plain old vanilla frosting and it turned out great. The cake did take a little longer to fully cook in the middle. I was worried the outer edges would bun but they didn't. This may just be my unreliable oven or it could have been the strawberries, I'm not sure. Either way it is delicious! And not to mention a great way to put those strawberries to good use.

Stay tuned to another easy craft project coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment