May 7, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day Pie Card

I was looking for cute inspirational mother's day quotes to use for my mother's day cards this year and found this one that I thought was very true...

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." - Tenneva Jordan


And that was the inspiration for my pie cards. I cut a 6 in circle with these curvy scissors out of gray/silver paper, cut a smaller red circle for the "filling" and cut slightly wavy strips from this golden beige colored paper and inked the edges with a brown ink pad and interlaced them.. Then I cut out a "slice" and stamped Happy Mother's Day and glued the quote inside. For a paper "pie" I think it turned out pretty good.

Inside Mother's Day Card

What are you doing for your mom (or other moms) this mother's day?

2 comments:

  1. You are seriously one of the craftiest people I know. And I know a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! I love the quote. I bet all the moms in your life loved them.

    ReplyDelete