June 2, 2010

DIY MIA

My apologies for my recent absense from blogland but I've been taking a little break from crafting and the computer. I spend way too much time on the internet and not enough time actually crafting. In fact I've been crafting so little that the other day I realized I couldn't find my modge podge. I looked everywhere and because my apartment is a wreck right now I figured I'll probably never find it. Well, finally I did. It was stuffed behind a bag of cat food...

To hold you over until I get back in to creative mode here are a few projects lately that have caught my eye.

Cute camera strap from Crap I've Made


Nice alternative to the default black Canon one that came with my camera and the ruffles are a fun way to dress it up.



Photo Necklace from
Five Little Crafty Birdies


So simple but it turns out really cute. Rachel is also having a little giveaway on her blog. Go enter to win an adorable little sewing needle case. (She also made this lovely pin cushion for me!)



Anthropologie inspired pillow from
Crafter Hours


I loved this idea! And it's such a great way to use up those pesky scraps lying around that I always keep thinking someday I'll use them...



Vintage Necklace Re-Do from
Miss Makes-a-Lot

I love colorful vintage jewelry but I know that I probably wouldn't wear it (not always my style). Now I'm inspired to go rework cool vintage beads into something new.

---------------------

Life is going to get busy for me soon - moving in a couple months, lots of traveling this summer. I'm going to try my best to keep up!

1 comment:

  1. wow these are some great ideas. I have been feeling a little ehhh..uninspired lately so I'm super excited to check these out, and hopefully get the juices flowin again.

    thanks for sharing :-)
    ~K

    ReplyDelete