October 29, 2010

New Toys


Meet my new camera. Yes, I know I have a DLSR but that camera is bulky and better fit for composed photos, not traveling and after my road trip this summer (which I still haven't posted any photos from, I know, sorry) I realized that I never used my DSLR once. Instead I used my five year old Kodak point and shoot. Luckily most shots I took were outside but inside or anywhere dark that old camera was a massive failure so I bought a new one. Hurray! I figured the red one would be easier to find at the bottom of my purse.

But that's not all, folks! I also bought this cool extendable hand held tripod-thing. There's not really a good word for it.

Anyway, it is basically an extendable metal stick that you hold on one and and put your camera on the other (it could also work for self defense). It is only 9 inches when compact but reaches to over 2 feet. You might have seen one of these before. It is a pretty nifty way to take pictures of yourself or you and someone else without using a normal tripod, asking someone to take your picture or even doing the classic Myspace pic/arm's length picture. See the difference.

before, with outstretched arm and after, with extendable hand held tripod


And lastly I got an attachment for my gorillapod (aka best photography accessory ever). The only thing I didn't like about the gorillapod was that it couldn't easily take vertical shots, only horizontal but with this cool ball head you can tilt the camera a full 90 degrees and even pan the camera around without having to readjust the tripod legs.


I bought a cheap-o normal tripod, too, because I lost the camera attachment on my old one, oops. I'm excited about so many new photographic opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment