November 6, 2010

Favorite Fall Treat

Yuuummmm, caramel apples. I love these things but I've never made them myself until now.
My friend Vanessa helped make these funky caramel apples. We used both caramel and milk chocolate along with candies like Kit Kat, M&Ms and even Nerds. I haven't eaten the Nerds apple yet so the jury is still out as to whether or not caramel and Nerds is a good combination. I'll keep you updated.
We also got macadamia nuts, peanut butter chips AND cinnamon chips. The cinnamon chips taste a little bit like potpourri so we'll have to see if they taste good with the caramel...
I think my favorite is the "smores" apple with chocolate, broken up bits of graham cracker and mini marshmallows. If you want to add extras onto your apple you have to wait until the caramel is still warm enough to stick things into it but cool enough so that the caramel doesn't slide off the apple carrying the nuts or candy with it! We learned that after a couple droopy apples.
I made a plain caramel apple, too but I already ate that one. Delicious! I can't finish the rest on my own so I will probably give them away to friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I made caramel apples last year. They were surprisingly easy and so delicious. I like that you added candies to yours.

    ReplyDelete