January 1, 2011

New Years Skirt

Not a bad start on my New Years resolution to finish unfinished projects. I finished this Colette Beignet skirt in only a couple days.


I didn't use as many buttons as the pattern called for because the buttons I bought were vintage and they only had 9. The pattern calls for 12.


I also didn't include a lining on the inside. Instead I just serged the inside facing edge.


The pattern includes a belt but I didn't want to make it. Unfortunately the belt loops are so thin that you can only wear a very skinny belt with this skirt. I might have to buy a belt specifically for this skirt.


Overall I really like the skirt. It could a stand to be a little smaller but it is fine the way it is. I never used a pattern from this company so I went with the size that exactly matched my measurements. Next time I'll make a size smaller but compared to bigger pattern brands the sizing for this skirt was much better.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really good job. Well done for sticking with your resolutions. I haved made zero for 2011 so far!! (resoloutions OR sewing projects)
    Happy New Year to you!
    Portia (Miss P)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i'm going to try my best to stick to these resolutions. depends on how big my desire to sew is at any given moment. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete