January 25, 2011

Wright Thank You Card

Justin's dad pulled out all the stops last Christmas in terms of gift giving. I was a little blown away. First he gifted me not one, but three massive Frank Lloyd Wright books. As you may or may not know I'm a little obsessed with Frank and his gorgeous buildings.

If you can imagine the reaction of a crazed Oprah Winfrey fan when Oprah gives her audience free cars and refrigerators and trips to Australia, well, that's me, only with visiting a Frank Lloyd Wright house.

On the other end of the spectrum he also gave me several awesome sets of markers and pens which are going to great use in scrapbooking and card making.

So I decided to make a themed thank you card for him. And yes, I know I am the world's most belated thank you card sender. No need to remind me.


The image is based on this image I took this summer of a very rainy Fallingwater while on my massive road trip and the card is made entirely using pens and markers from the sets he gave. Not bad considering it was a free hand drawing and I don't normally draw. The markers had a kind of watercolor effect that I liked.


On the inside of the card it says "Thanks for the Wright/Write gifts!"

You may laugh at my totally awesome/totally awful pun now if you wish.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your card is fab, and punny to boot! Good job all around.

    ReplyDelete