May 23, 2011

Renegade Craft Fair Austin

Renegade Craft Fair Austin

I was out of town last year so I missed Renegade but I made sure I went this time around and I'm glad I did! It was crazy! I don't think I'd ever seen that many artists and crafters in one place. Quite overwhelming. I walked out having spent more than I intended (maybe I'll share my loot later, I haven't taken pictures yet) but there was so much more I wish I bought, too!

Renegade Craft Fair Austin

Some of my favorites booths:
  • Viva Zapata makes cool hand bags from recycled bus seats.
  • I really liked Verameat's metal animal jewelry.
    Renegade Craft Fair Austin
  • There were several people selling monster plushies but Mr. Sogs was my favorite.
  • McCheek's Mayhem supplies my need for kitchy ceramics covered in cutesy flowers and kittens. Seriously, I would rock one of those Kitty Love mugs with some hot chocolate. Both funny and grandma vintage at the same time.
  • I have a thing for odd images of cats so I really wanted this Japanese inspired cat tote from Studio Erico.
    Renegade Craft Fair Austin
  • Of course I love the Ryan Berkley's hilarious illustrations of animals dressed like people (although my friend Adriane thinks they are creepy, I disagree.)
  • I really wanted a pair of Mukee Design's earrings made from recycled skateboards but I had already run out of cash at that point, ha!
Renegade Craft Fair Austin

I also liked all the creative booth displays as well. Everything from balloons to hanging feathers and lights, banners, flags, tiny books dangling from strings, even a few trailers inside the building.

Renegade Craft Fair Austin

One thing I loved - this love notes toy dispenser. Way to make things interactive!

So much fun! We spent over two hours there and the place was packed the whole time. Anyone else been to Renegade in your town? You can check out more photos from the fair on my flickr.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to one, but I wish!! THey look so awesome and fun!!

    ReplyDelete