June 12, 2011

New House

New House Card

I know I've been slacking on blogging but I feel like I have a good excuse with recently moving. We ordered a new fridge but when it showed up it didn't work! Do now we're waiting another week for another fridge to be delivered.

We still don't have internet or cable yet and while I'm nearly unpacked I have so much stuff that I don't know where to put it.

Justin and I have been working on organizing, laundry, and trying to make our grass grow. Our lawn is a lovely shade of yellow brown right now.

Here is my first card I made in my new house and fittingly it is of my new house. Now, this isn't exactly to scale. We have a two car garage and the house on the whole is a longer but my card was too short (oops!). Also, I wish our grass and plants were that green! But you get the idea.

Oh, and those weird diagonal lines on the house are actually a metal art piece attached to the chimney out front. Kind of mid century inspired. It was what really convinced us to give the house a second look when we were shopping.

Oh, and I have been doing Me-Made-June but I've been a little lazy about taking pictures.I'll try to be better about it this week.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and a very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new home! Making a house your home is so much fun. Just remember, you don't have to do everything at once. My husband and I thought that when we first moved in to our new house last summer and quickly burned out. We are taking a break from the painting and renovating now (although we are trying to get our grass to grow, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the chimney was one of things that made you decide to buy the house? Hmm, then it must really be a work of art! This house you bought probably has something special that other houses you looked at don't have. And, as liza_jane said, just take it easy in setting up all the things for the house.

    ReplyDelete