October 7, 2011

I'm in Boston!

Tourist Dress

I'm visiting a friend over the long weekend in Boston and I'm in a new dress!

Tourist Dress

This dress, which I am dubbing, the Tourist Dress, is a variation on the dress I made last week. This dress has a natural waistline and a slightly longer hem length.

***Hey! This dress now has a multi-size PDF pattern! Go check it out!

Tourist Dress

The chevron fabric is a poly/rayon sweater knit and it is quite stretchy. I was worried it would stretch too much with the weight of the black jersey skirt but it works perfectly and the dress is awesome for trekking around a big city all day.

Tourist Dress

I'll be back next week with more sewing. Being in a different climate is making me want to sew a coat now!

7 comments:

  1. Oh girl, that dress is beautiful! I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweater knit top! I've always had my eye on the sweater knits but have yet to work with one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colors and print of the top portion! It reminds me of a sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks meghan! i love the colors, too.

    liza jane, I've only worked with sweater knits once before and I made the mistake of not paying attention to my right and wrong sides. and each side is much more noticeable from a far than tight jersey knits... oops.

    suzanne, it is very sweater like which is why it is going to be so good for winter, so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off topic to dresses but how did you like Boston? I'm from NY so we're not really as welcome there lol but I think it's a great historical city. Go there a few times a year to visit family and some friends at that many colleges there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sally, the north east in general is a lot different from Texas but I like it. I'm a big history buff so that part is appealing. I also liked how there is such a huge population of young people because of all the universities in the area. I think that made places feel more safe. My friend lives in an old apartment near a T stop. I loved how easy it was to hop on and get around and most of the necessities were within walking or train distance. Since it is a much older city than Austin it is more compact, which is nice. I think I just like the big city life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable dress! I love the sweater knit with the black.

    ReplyDelete