Hey all, this is just a quick note for those of you in the Austin area. I'm teaching a class on Cake's Espresso Leggings pattern at Fabricker next Tuesday night. You can checkout the pair I blogged about here.
This pattern is so great because it uses your exact measurements to create a great fitting pair of leggings. The pattern accomodates those with waist sizes 25"-55" so if you're worried the pattern won't fit you, think again!
For the class you will need:
- Cake’s Espresso Leggings pattern (buy it at Austin Fabric Co-Op!)
- 1-1.5 yds of knit fabric. If your thigh circumference is more than 30” you will need 2-3 yds. Fabric Suggestions: Jersey, doubleknit/ponte, stretch velvet, stretch mesh, ITY, stretch lace. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Knits with a 5-10% Spandex/Lycra content (no spandex means your leggings will be baggy in the knee area)
- 1-2 yds of ¾” wide elastic
- Sewing machine that can sew a ZIG ZAG stitch
- Matching thread
- BALL POINT sewing machine needles
- Tape Measure
- Tracing paper (optional)
- Twin needle (optional)
Wear tight fitting pants/shorts to class to get the most accurate measurements.
You must PRE-WASH fabric before class (otherwise you’ll end up with cropped leggings after you wash them!)
This class is for ADVANCED BEGINNERS. You must know how to operate a sewing machine but you don’t have to have previous garment sewing experience.
Here's the details:
Tues Jan 21 @ 6pm
Small class size - 4 people max
$35 for the 4hr class
Call the store at (512) 323-2668 or visit in person to register (and buy your fabric!)
You can get your copy of the pattern at the store.
Hope to see ya there!